Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 5, 2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Tokyo1138
macrumors member

Wil a itouch5 Still get the fullf eatures if ios 7 comes out?

Its like the title says. Im curious about will it get all the features then schould i plan to buy One. Has anyone tested those betas on a touch5? Did it run smoothly? Many thanks for your guys replies
Tokyo1138 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 01:52 AM   #2
three
macrumors Demi-God

The 5th generation iPod touch is still the newest revision of the iPod touch. It's still so new that Apple must continue to support and will give the full version of iOS 7 to the device. I don't have an iPod touch so I haven't tested iOS 7 on the device. I'm sure others have and can answer the questions better. Keep in mind the betas of iOS 7 are beta, they have bugs, they aren't as quick, etc. Once the final version is released is when we can start testing stability, smoothness, speed, etc.

You can buy one now, but it might be safe to try and wait until late October. Apple might sneakily update the iPod touch without us knowing or hearing any rumours.

Last edited by three; Sep 6, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
three is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:10 PM   #3
defunct32
macrumors regular

Some features may be missing or rather exclusive to the iPhone but iOS 7 will be supported on iPod touch 5th Gen, iPod touch 4 Gen is out of the question and will be phasing out and will be replaced with the 16GB no camera, no loop 5th Generation, so yes, iOS 7 will be supported. You can wait a while longer for the conference or keynote/etc to see if a 6th Gen will be released, otherwise go ahead w/ the 5th!
defunct32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

I have an iPhone 5 and the iPod touch 5. I don't see any less features that I noticed on my iPod touch 5 than my iPhone 5. I am on iOS 7 beta 6 and been using it for almost 2 weeks. I think the iPod touch 5 gets the full version of iOS 7. I base it off of that the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5 are the only devices to get camera filters.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 02:14 AM   #5
preyan
macrumors regular

Thumbs up

Except for upgrading your iPod touch with a sim tray, I'm certain the full upgrade will be given
preyan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2013, 07:14 AM   #6
MissDaria
macrumors newbie

Based on what iDevice history I've been aware of, I would think that any difference between features of iOS 7 for iPod Touch 5G or iPhone will largely come down to what an iPod or an iPhone can do anyway.

(After all, a Touch 6G (or whatever) is anticipated, but hasn't been officially announced, so as said, it'd still be their latest model and running their latest software.)
MissDaria is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 06:08 AM   #7
hoodedwarbler12
macrumors member

iOS 7 runs pretty smoothly on mine, and it's still in beta. It will probably be even better in the real version.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 01:43 PM   #8
moderately
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedwarbler12 View Post
iOS 7 runs pretty smoothly on mine, and it's still in beta. It will probably be even better in the real version.
This is the issue for me. I run Numbers on my iPod Touch 5 and I would not want it any slower than it is now. I left my iPT 4 on iOS 5 because it was too slow to open certain programs.
moderately is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:43 PM   #9
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

I don't really care about os update. IOS7 make it look like a girly device.

Im much more interested in the Ipod touch price cut. Unless they are releasing a 6 gen which i doubt.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:45 PM   #10
Ffosse
macrumors 6502

I don't care about iOS 7 either; I'm not even going to bother updating my Touch as I use exactly 2 apps and not even every day.
Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch