Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:22 PM   #1
tokyoguru
macrumors newbie

Angry iPhone telephone stops working if cellular data off

When I am using the iphone with cellular data turned off, the telephone function freezes every second day. I need to reset the iphone. Genius bar has told me that this is not an apple issue. The network provider (SoftBank Japan) has told me it is not their problem, but that if I switch on cellular data every day it will go away. Haha!!!!! Anyone elsewhere have the same issue? This is a major issue as I am paying an extra $7 a month for a variable tariff!

Last edited by tokyoguru; Feb 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: mistype
tokyoguru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:06 AM   #2
miss.manson
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to miss.manson
Why do you turn it off?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:24 AM   #3
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
Why do you turn it off?

Yeah im intrigued too !

The iPhone screams to be used and needs this to be activated to enjoy the full functions of the device.

Maybe they are on a limited or non existent data plan and the networks charges are costly !

iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Space Grey - iOS 8.0.2
iPad Air 16GB Space Grey. - iOS 8.0.2
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting