Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
So tell me, being able to preblock channels and shows on TVs isn't making it easier? yet parenting groups still moan and cry when shows on the air do something not child friendly... screw logic apparently.

So many things allow parenting to be easy no a days. Don't know where your child is? Find my iPhone.

hmm.. when i was little, the only sort of filtering my dad was responsible for was making sure i didn't find his stash of playboy

there's a lot more accessible content floating around out there and it's coming in from many new directions..

i'm not convinced parenting has become easy these days.. but feel free to try again..

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
i will lock my kids outside and they can't come in until they lose a certain amount of calories.

I WILL NOT HAVE FAT KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps a book would serve them better :confused:

My kids are skinny and the middle one is well built. Not fat but not skinny either. We put them in activities all their lives such as gymnastics, skiing and Soccer. They read books a lot. They also read books on Ereaders and iPads so they are well taken care of. There is no reason they can't play on the PS3, Wii, 360 and iOS devices some times. They also get treats once in a while not every day. Every year we have to throw out most of their Halloween and Easter stuff. We cut back on Easter junk and got them more toys instead but they still love to hunt for the stuff. Saying they can’t have enjoyment of games at all is just not right. It's called well rounded.

----------

That’s not to say there aren’t parents out there that do shove their kids in front of the TV all day and feed them junk until they are huge. Look at that stupid Hunny Boo Boo show. My kids think it’s funny but I think it sets a very bad example so I made them stop watching it. And all the shows where parents force their kids in talent shows and cover their faces in makeup should be banned.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
My kids are skinny and the middle one is well built. Not fat but not skinny either. We put them in activities all their lives such as gymnastics, skiing and Soccer. They read books a lot. They also read books on Ereaders and iPads so they are well taken care of. There is no reason they can't play on the PS3, Wii, 360 and iOS devices some times. They also get treats once in a while not every day. Every year we have to throw out most of their Halloween and Easter stuff. We cut back on Easter junk and got them more toys instead but they still love to hunt for the stuff. Saying they can’t have enjoyment of games at all is just not right. It's called well rounded.

----------

That’s not to say there aren’t parents out there that do shove their kids in front of the TV all day and feed them junk until they are huge. Look at that stupid Hunny Boo Boo show. My kids think it’s funny but I think it sets a very bad example so I made them stop watching it. And all the shows where parents force their kids in talent shows and cover their faces in makeup should be banned.

I like your parenting.

There must be balance

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
1. Buy console/(gaming purpose) computer from between 1983 and the early 2000's.
2. Get some games for cheap.
3. There's no internet purchases, DLCs or other junk.
4. Enjoy the plethora of actual high quality games of which there were many more to choose from back in the days.

Problem solved.
We need a new game industry crash like in 1983, which brought us the NES for example.

Companies need to get their act together again and work FOR the gamer, not so blatantly obviously for the money.
I know they need to make money, they are companies, but they are also expected to honor their customers and serve them well, not just okayish or even subpar.

If you want good modern games, go with some indie games, there are really great titles out there and yes, there are still good AAA titles, but they are on the decline/milk your wallet like mad/ship incomplete/... (e.g.: Got no PS3? Tough luck if you anticipate Assassin's Creed IV then... 60 minutes exclusive gameplay for the PS3! Hmmm... incomplete games... yummy!)

Glassed Silver:mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.