Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
Not because it's bad quality, just because you need wifi 90% of the time to play games.
Wanted to buy 4G iPod Touch for our kids but what's the use if they can't play all the games in the car ?

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Not because it's bad quality, just because you need wifi 90% of the time to play games.
Wanted to buy 4G iPod Touch for our kids but what's the use if they can't play all the games in the car ?

More than half of the ames on the app store dont really need it, it all depends on what genre your kids play.

Check out the top free, chances are you wont need WiFi.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
You'd just have to do trial and error, which isn't too hard because most are Single player (with, or without the option for Multi-player/Online mode). I don't have too many games on my device but here are some that I own, and won't require internet. You may need a connection for in-game purchases and power ups, however.

Fruit Ninja
Subway Surfers
4 Pic 1 Word
Plants vs Zombies
Angry Birds
DoodleJump
Temple Run
Temple Run 2
Skee-ball 2
Tetris
Bejeweled
Hungry Shark
The Sims
Jetpack Joyride
Flight Control
Bubble Island
Agent Dash

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
Because our kids play games on our iPad 2 now and if our Wifi isn't turned on, they always come and complain that this or that game doesn't work... which is solved by turning on the wifi...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.