Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:32 PM   #26
marzer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc8081 View Post
I am considering buying a apple tv but i am confused whats the big difference between them is?

As i see on ebay the 2 and even 1 is going sometimes more than the 3 new from apple...i realize the 3 must not be jailbreakable but is that the only reason for the huge price difference? and whats the big deal with jailbreaking since id be able to mirror my monitor display on to my tv w/o jailbreak whats so cool about jailbreaking?
also i see some ebay ones that say like 120gb what does that mean as i dont see a size on the 3 on apples site....

Thanks
The ATV1 & 2 can be jail broken to add more features, the ATV3 can not be JB'd. I did this for awhile on my ATV1's. Although I'm well aware there's many who still enjoy adding after market features, I realized all my media needs were satisfied by the original features.

Fortunately for the on-going demand, I recently sold 2 ATV1's and an ATV2 on eBay for more than I originally bought them for And then replaced them with used ATV3's that I also got from eBay for less than new. Cha-Ching! Scored me some SSD upgrade funds for my desktops
marzer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater