Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I'm glad the Army National Guard and local police have a sense of humour. Otherwise, you couldn't make this stuff up. Enjoy!

Via FlightAware:

http://www.businessinsider.com/cop-tickets-blackhawk-pilot-2013-9

Blackhawk Pilot Gets A Parking Ticket [PHOTO]
Geoffrey Ingersoll Sep. 20, 2013, 4:17 PM

It turns out one Colorado cop has quite the sense of humor.

The Blackhawk was part of the Army National Guard units called in to help rescue stranded victims of the Colorado flood.

He had to park in the street, and he got ticketed for "facing the wrong way" and "parking in a no parking zone."

We found the image on a Reddit post titled: "Blackhawk pilot must land on a street in Colorado to help in a rescue from the floods; gets this amusing ticket from local police in return."

The Redditor also posted this image of the helicopter parked in the street and this image, as verification.

But don't worry, another commenter claiming police experience pointed out that there "no court date" and no "section codes for violations" — so it had to be a practical joke.

BL.

0soyecb.jpg

rdavqlk.jpg

ltdcwi8.jpg

BL.

bradl

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Agreed, I find this quite humorous.

Well, when you look at it on the whole, the police did call it right! He is clearly on the wrong side of the road, parked, and crossed the double line!

It would have been more hilarious if the police had to call in a tow! :D

BL.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Well, when you look at it on the whole, the police did call it right! He is clearly on the wrong side of the road, parked, and crossed the double line!

BL.

Imagine the look on the tow truck guys face :D

Professional colleague humour like this make me smile.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.

BL.

They got off lightly if you ask me. They could easily have been done for speeding, or the vehicle not being road safe (no turn indicators or brake lights I'm guessing). :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.