Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjdaugherty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
I just purchased a new MacBook Air, and I am trying to develop a workflow for my photos taken on my iPhone. Does anyone have thoughts on what is best for strictly iPhone photo management/light editing... Aperture or Lightroom?

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Here is my smart-ass comment.

I do import 100% of our (myself & wife) iPhone photos into Aperture... but truthfully... they are pretty much ignored.

I have projects for "Jim's iPhone" and "Deb's iPhone". Once in a blue moon there is something in there I want and will move it to a more appropriate Aperture project... but mostly they are junk.

Other than importing to Aperture and then ignoring... our real workflow is to take pictures with the iPhone, and either email them to friends or family or post to facebook... all from the iPhone.

I know there are others who use an iPhone for serious (or semi-serious) photography. I guess that I'm not one of them.

/Jim

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I use iPhoto and just import the pix the same as I do with my Nex-7. Some I keep, some I delete as they were just reference - pix of a sign I wanted to look up more info later. My iPhone's camera is better than my first digital camera.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I just import than into iPhoto using photo stream. I pretty much do nothing with them on my iMac. Mostly because even a photo that looks okay on my iPhone screen looks horrible when its made any bigger.
Like above a lot of my photos (or snaps) are really just picture messages for me. I email them to my parents, who on a good day might recieve and open them! Lets just say the digital age passed them over!

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I use iPhoto and just import the pix the same as I do with my Nex-7. Some I keep, some I delete as they were just reference - pix of a sign I wanted to look up more info later. My iPhone's camera is better than my first digital camera.

OK... you shamed me into filing them. I've gone into my iPhone picture and started moving them to projects... just like with any other camera.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.