Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 10, 2013, 03:47 AM   #1
bitcloudrzr
macrumors member

Bootcamp installation problem

Trying to get Windows 8 installed, downloaded the software and Bootcamp Assistant throws it on the USB drive. Formatting goes ok and the compute restarts fine as well. The Windows 8 logo shows up and the system freezes. I have left the Mac on for about 30 minutes and nothing. USB drive was left in the slot and the only other thing that was connected is my mouse.

I'm using the Macbook Pro 15 Late 2011 model on Mavericks, but I had the same issue on Mountain Lion. Back when Windows 8 originally came out I did have it installed, but I changed hard drives a couple months after that. Windows 7 does install and run properly as well. Even when I try to upgrade from Windows 7, it freezes in the same spot.
bitcloudrzr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:52 AM   #2
edgonzalez32
macrumors regular

Try doing it without the mouse. I sometimes run into problems with an external mouse plugged in.
edgonzalez32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:35 AM   #3
bitcloudrzr
macrumors member

I've tried it with nothing and I've tried it with just the Bootcamp driver usb in there. Nothing is working and it just hangs right at the initial load. Really strange that Windows 7 works fine and this doesn't when it used to. I don't know if there are any other drivers or fixes I should be loading on the usb drive before booting.
bitcloudrzr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help