Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smac1477

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
so recently i got an account for Netflix. in order to watch video, i have to install silverlight. when i start to install it everything thing goes fine until it wants my password. When i put in my password, it doesn't do anything. it would just go back to the install page as if i didn't put in my password. i would repeat again and again and nothing would happen. i have also noticed that this would happen every time i want to install something that requires my password.

And yes i have restarted safari and my computer many times and all. Even changed my password and still nothing will happen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 8.29.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 8.29.42 PM.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 8.29.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 8.29.57 PM.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 345

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Can you provide a bit more detail?
What OS X version?
What EXACTLY happens after you provide your password and what do you then do?

Normally, you should provide your password to authorise the installation, then you click through the installer.
You can check whether Silverlight has been installed by seeing if a plug-in with Silverlight in its name is in /Library/Internet plug-ins.

smac1477

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Can you provide a bit more detail?
What OS X version?
What EXACTLY happens after you provide your password and what do you then do?

Normally, you should provide your password to authorise the installation, then you click through the installer.
You can check whether Silverlight has been installed by seeing if a plug-in with Silverlight in its name is in /Library/Internet plug-ins.

i have version 10.7.5. I checked the internet plug-in and silver light is not there
Also this happens every time i need to put in a password, it would just go back

Last edited:

badams002

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2013
TX
Your admin profile may be corrupted. Try creating a new one, log in with the new one, and then try to download. Also make sure Firewall is not turned on.

smac1477

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Your admin profile may be corrupted. Try creating a new one, log in with the new one, and then try to download. Also make sure Firewall is not turned on.

i cant make a new account. it tells me to put in my password, then the same thing happens, it just goes back. Also firewall is not turned on

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
is there any way of getting rid of SMART error without having to buy replace everything?

By the time the Smart error happens even if you can repair it means the hard drive will fail hard again in the near future. Trust me when I say this replacing a spinning drive with a SSD will give that Mac a big boost.

smac1477

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
By the time the Smart error happens even if you can repair it means the hard drive will fail hard again in the near future. Trust me when I say this replacing a spinning drive with a SSD will give that Mac a big boost.

by replacing this, will i loose anything on my macbook?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
how do i do this? Please be specific.

1. Buy an external hard disk that has a port on it as past as the speediest port on your Mac.

2. Get either Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper and clone your startup drive to that external.

3. Buy a SSD using the free Install videos. The use the USB Lion install disk i will talk about.

4. Boot from you external and re-download the 10.7.5 Lion install from the Mac store and make a USB key using Lion DiskMaker and then install 10.7.5 on the internal SSD and then move the iTunes library according to the blob post How to move an iTunes library to an external drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.