Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

$$$

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Is there any way to sign a PDF on the iPad?

I have an iPad mini, I have been using it to give estimates for work and it has worked excellent. The App that I use for invoicing allows me to make up an estimate or invoice, have the customer sign it, and then I could e-mail them a copy.

In my state I don't have to take sales tax from my customers under certain conditions, in those cases I have to have them sign the following exemption form:

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/other_forms/sales/st8.pdf

As you can see, the form is setup to be filled out digitally, however it needs to be signed as well.

So what I need is a PDF App for the iPad that will allow my customers to use a stylus to sign the above PDF form.

Any ideas?
This will make my operation completely paperless.

Andyyyy

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
I just used Notability the other day to sign a form I had filled out. It allowed me to send the PDF to my email also afterwards. I don't know if you wanted a more professional interface (seeing as this is a note taking interface) but it got the job done.

$$$

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
I just used Notability the other day to sign a form I had filled out. It allowed me to send the PDF to my email also afterwards. I don't know if you wanted a more professional interface (seeing as this is a note taking interface) but it got the job done.
Thanks for the fast reply!

Would Notability allow me to type in those forms on the PDF (such as "Name of Contractor", etc.)? I only want the signature part to be hand written, the rest I would like typed.

Andyyyy

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
Yup, you can put and edit text boxes wherever you want. That's what I had to do is fill out a form typed and sign at the bottom, and it worked out perfectly :D

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
PDF expert is what I found for my last company and everyone in the field. It does exactly what you want and more. Works with Dropbox and others too.

PharmDoc

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2010
I use an app called SignNow...it's easy enough..allows you to sign and place text in the document if needed as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.