Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 18, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1
sheherezade
macrumors newbie

Ipod Classic skipping and/or won't play songs

My Ipod Classic has suddenly started to freeze up when I try to skip to the next song in my playlist. When I hit the skip button it freezes for up to a minute, and when it starts to play again it has often skipped 5-6 songs. It also refuses to play certain songs even though the same songs play just fine in Itunes.
I've tried to restart the Ipod itself by pressing the menu and center button, and I'v tried to restore the Ipod in Itunes. I run the latest version of both Itunes and the Ipod software.
I don't know what to try next, so any help would be much appreciated.
sheherezade is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

It could be the drive going. My suggestion if you haven't tried it already is to do a restore of the iPod to make sure you don't have corrupted files on it.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:37 PM   #3
DUCKofD3ATH
macrumors regular

If the drive's about to die, the iPod will start displaying "verifying iPod" messages. If that's happening, make sure it's backed up and have a replacement model in mind (I recommend the iPod touch).
DUCKofD3ATH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 07:11 AM   #4
maplelegend
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to maplelegend Send a message via Skype™ to maplelegend
Is there any chance that your ipod's infected by virus? I'm just saying because mine used to be out of control and it turned out there's virus.
maplelegend is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod