Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Rhodan
macrumors member

Thoughts on the new Air for editing?

Hi all,

I have a 2007 iMac, and I am looking to upgrade to using a laptop instead.

Besides email and surfing, it is used for photo editing of holiday snaps in iPhoto, along with editing video also taken on holiday using iMovie.

What are your thoughts on the performance of a Macbook Air 13 inch for the above? Would I need to consider a Macbook Pro instead?
Rhodan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:48 PM   #2
Hackney
macrumors newbie

More than fine.

You will be more than fine with the base model (i5) for what you intend to do (which constitutes very light usage). When people talk about photo editing as being taxing they're talking about professional or semi-professional photoshop editing where the files can weigh hundreds of MB.

The same for video editing really, even though that's heavier than picture editing. When the files become very large and/or you use lots of effects and stuff it can take time to render, but to the casual user it really doesn't make any difference.. I have an iMac from 2007 and that's more than adequate for the video stuff I do.

HTH
Hackney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Neeyul
macrumors member

Agree 110%!
Neeyul is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air