Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nick5a1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Hey everybody.

Just bought one of the new time capsules. The range is fantastic (still on a/n).

Anyway, I've moved my iTunes library from my MBA to the Time Capsule so I can fit everything in there.

My question is, how can I set it up so that my girlfriend and myself share one big iTunes library (on the Time Capsule) and both have access to each other's songs and playlists?

We both have separate Apple ID's.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Lok at home sharing. That lets you share iTunes libraries between computers.
Remember the Apple ID used for Home Sharing has to be the same on all the Macs and iOS devices.

This will let you each have your own Apple ID for the iTunes store, your own library and playlists and still share them.

Yourt

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014
Belgium
Lok at home sharing. That lets you share iTunes libraries between computers.
Remember the Apple ID used for Home Sharing has to be the same on all the Macs and iOS devices.

This will let you each have your own Apple ID for the iTunes store, your own library and playlists and still share them.
I don't get it: homesharing ALL the same id, and yet each his own iTunes store id? I thought on an iPod you had to use the same id just to see the shared library?
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.