Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:15 PM   #1
kingjereme
macrumors newbie

Final Cut 6.06 Export problems

I have a mid 2011 Mac Mini and I am running Final Cut 6.06 on it (actually the whole studio) About a month ago, I noticed that my exports, either 10 minutes long or 2 hours long, that the export would complete to a .mov file like requested, but the last like 20% would not be there. Completely self contained, complete video....with last 20% or so not part of it. Exporting using quicktime conversion seems to work completely, but batch export shows the same problem. There are no in and out points set. Plenty of HD space.

I could really use some ideas on this as I have many projects ready to export that I would do overnight, but batch export won't do them completely

Jereme
kingjereme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:17 PM   #2
yoyo5280
macrumors 68000

I'm sorry I can't offer a solution to fix that problem, I've never experienced it before - that is really odd!

Have you tried batch exports through Compressor?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3
kingjereme
macrumors newbie

Export via compressor

I will try exporting via compressor, however I have been told that FCP only takes advantage of 2 processor cores while compressor uses all available. I believe using FCP and compressor would still limit it to 2 cores
kingjereme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Red Fuji
macrumors member

Final Cut Pro crash on imac 2012

Looks like a well documented issue for those affected. join the discussion here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Old May 15, 2013, 04:11 AM   #5
CaptainChunk
macrumors 68020

That's a really bizarre problem. What version of Quicktime are your running? You may also try removing Final Cut Studio completely (there's a tool for this) and reinstalling to see if the problem persists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjereme View Post
I will try exporting via compressor, however I have been told that FCP only takes advantage of 2 processor cores while compressor uses all available. I believe using FCP and compressor would still limit it to 2 cores
Classic FCP doesn't scale well across multiple processor cores because it's a 32-bit application.

But also understand that Compressor is also a 32-bit application. Compressor will not use all your CPU cores by default. You have to set up a virtual cluster in QMaster to do this. Essentially, QMaster tricks Compressor into running multiple instances of itself while processing a render job. There's a decent tutorial for this here.

And you'd also be correct in that Compressor won't go beyond a couple of cores if you send it a job directly from FCP (QMaster won't function that way).

Quote:
Looks like a well documented issue for those affected. join the discussion here.
This discussion covers a completely different topic and it's for FCP X.
CaptainChunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 10:46 AM   #6
Red Fuji
macrumors member

I appologize CaptainChunk, i revived a six month old post. but you have a good point though.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video