Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:25 AM   #26
boomhower
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblogger View Post
Are we talking about shoplifting? Because like I said earlier, once you leave the property there's nothing they can do. Unless they have video of you taking something from the store. Of course they also need your name and address but that's something else.

In New Jersey you cannot be arrested on an employee's word if there's nothing in your possession. We're not talking about rape or assault here. That's a different story but shoplifting is different. The items you are accused of taking have to be found in your possession (unless they have video).
That's not shoplifting, at least in my state. That's obtaining property under false pretense, a felony.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:31 AM   #27
sundog925
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre62 View Post
Google Lindsay Lohan
Or Winona Ryder.
sundog925 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:39 AM   #28
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx3x View Post
Let's don't be dramatic here.[COLOR="#808080"]
This made me giggle considering your thread title left a little "drama" in there.

Great story, had iPhone, upgraded, paid ... awesome. Left with old one, gave it back and wondered, I mean your "friend" did, what could have happened if you had stolen the phone.

The girl is wrong to say there is no recourse had you left with the phone. There is recourse, she's clearly wrong. In the end, who cares? You got your phone, they got your old one ... T-Mobile didn't have the Nexus 4 and I'm about to go get coffee.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:41 AM   #29
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNutts View Post
You will be charged with the theft of a phone reported stolen from an Apple Store. You will be sentenced to 120 days in jail and 480 hours of community service for misdemeanor theft and probation violation, to which you will plead no contest. You will be ordered to remain under supervised probation until the completion of her community service. Due to jail overcrowding, you will serve the sentence under house arrest wearing a tracking ankle monitor for 35 days. You will violate the terms of your probation by failing to perform the required community service. You will be sentenced to 30 days of jail and 400 hours of community service. You will spend less than five hours in jail due to overcrowding. Your supervised probation will end after you completed the required community service and therapy. You will be on informal probation for the phone theft until May 2014, with the only requirement to follow the law.

You will appear in the January/February 2012 issue of men's magazine Playboy, in a shoot inspired by a nude pictorial of Marilyn Monroe from the first issue of the magazine. And you will star in the movie Liz and Dick.
Good one! Thanks for the chuckle.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone