Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:23 AM   #1
PorscheDude
macrumors newbie

Chinese Mobil iPhone 4 question

Hello,

A friend who was studying in the U.S. recently went back to China. He left a few things with me because he didn't want them. One of these items is a 16GB iPhone 4. I assume it is out of contract and it is locked to that carrier (China Mobil). I was wondering if it would be possible to sell it in the U.S. to someone who is traveling to China. Is this illegal? I hate to throw away a perfectly good smartphone. I know it is illegal to unlock it, so I have no intention of doing that.

Thanks!
PorscheDude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:05 AM   #2
jer04
macrumors regular

you can just sell it on ebay as it is. other than people that are traveling to china, your target customers could also be people who want parts. i hardly think selling a carrier locked phone would be illegal. it's not like you are selling a stolen phone.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone