Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
No no no no no no. Not all watches are fashion items. Some are more functional. I don't want a fashion led iWatch. I would absolutely not buy one if they went down that route. The iWatch is a portable computer you wear on your wrist and synch with your iPhone. It's NOT a watch. Go buy a fashion watch if that's what you want, but I hope Apple make it wearable tech rather than fashion.

Geek alert lol! Just kidding, why not both?

RolyPolyBird

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
I really hope you don't think the US government is "spying" on everyone with an iOS device. Even if they knew every keystroke or website I visited I really wouldn't care. I'm not paranoid enough to think they have enough time to pour though everything millions of people are doing in order to.... in order to do what....? Arrest you for checking out Grumpy Cat on Facebook? If they analyse every email, phone call and text message for terrorist activity and it keeps me safe at sporting events, on airplanes, in hotels, at work and at home, then let them. The government isn't too concerned that I have fetishes or what my 401k looks like or that I like to watch Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

You really don't get it and it seems living in America is completely wasted on you.

autrefois

macrumors 65816
unless there's revolt in the street (which I'm not advocating btw), it's a losing battle.

So was that parenthetical phrase added just in case Big Brother was watching your post? :eek:

bse3 said:
An iWatch so the US government can spy even more on me? No, thanks.

It remains to be seen, but I don't think the iWatch will improve or worsen our privacy. It sounds like we've already pretty much lost it even before the iWatch...

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Do people care or not care about this?

Some people seem to care and yet posting their lifes on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. With these three sites you can determine where a person lives, when born, where he went to school, friends, mobile / cell number and even your full resume / CV.

That not more people are victim or identity theft is surprising.

I said it a few times already. If you are worried, stop using the internet and meet friends in a bunker and talk to them there. Otherwise its all fair game.

paulsdenton

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2010
Barton, Vermont USA
It's been long enough coming...

I hope this hire accelerates the advent of the iWatch, as this period of speculation is about the longest I think I've ever seen.

I am quite interested in seeing what Apple comes up with since everything I've gotten from them has been absolutely first class and extremely useful.

About the Prism thing, I can see both sides but I still shudder when I remember living in a suburb of NYC where in September 2001 when they were calling kid after kid out of class at the elementary school to send them home with a minister, relative or a surviving parent so that they could be told about what happened at the World Trade Center. That their mother or father was missing or dead. If Prism has helped prevent anything like that, maybe it's a price worth paying.

I kind of agree with the post that says that the Internet can never be private. It was and always has been the electronic Wild West. I don't think it can, or should, be different.

But anyway, come on Apple, show us the iWatch!

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
And who wants to wear a "functional" watch?

I do. If I wanted a fashion watch I would buy one. There's plenty to choose from. I don't want that. I want something that works in tandem with my iPhone to provide so much more than just tell the time.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England

Knowing Apple I'm sure it will be both stylish and functional. I hope so.

Geek alert? :p Ha ha. I don't mind. I am a geek to be honest. I love everything high tech. I always like to get the latest gadgets. I just love all that stuff. Always have. :D

----------

Who cares what you want? The sector's profits are almost all in high-end fashion or luxury watches. Apple doesn't do low margin cheap looking but functional knockoffs of anything.

Who cares what you want either. Just expressing MY opinion. If you don't like it don't read it. No need to be rude to people. If the iWatch is just another high end fashion or luxury watch for posers then I certainly won't buy one.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Interesting

I like his look. Kind of 5th Avenue with a set of Nunchucks.

Could get interesting. I'll bet he spends quite a bit of time with Jony in the "Design Room." :cool:

----------

Even cooler, how about an App iWatch. Different functions, designs, for each App. Download it on Bluetooth right onto the iWatch. Different watch for different wants, needs, etc.... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.