Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:55 AM   #26
antonis
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomani View Post
Neither the Windows or Mac versions are "out yet".

The Windows version is still in (late) beta. The MacOSX version is possibly in earlier stage of development.

Patience, grasshopper. Patience.
I'll assume that you mean that windows version of TL2 also is full of bugs then ? Oh well, so was the Diablo 3. Actually, anyone who was able to play during launch and notice the bugs was happy - most people could not even connect.

Now, I would say that this thread's title has become a bit of obsolete by now, as a new game stands between those 2. Path of Exile is on open beta, free to get, free to play. Most of my hopes are on this rather than D3 / TL2 debate.
antonis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:51 AM   #27
ScottishCaptain
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomani View Post
Neither the Windows or Mac versions are "out yet".

The Windows version is still in (late) beta. The MacOSX version is possibly in earlier stage of development.

Patience, grasshopper. Patience.
I beat that game months ago. Several times. I still login occasionally to play with friends when everyone feels like doing the monster mash.

The last time I tried to play Diablo 3, I had to plead with my friends to join me. I think they landed up joining my party out of pity (foreveralone.jpg) rather then a desire to play the game. We lasted about an hour, got trapped in a dungeon with your usual invulnerable-mortar-arcane-chains elite mix, and rage quitted together.

I still maintain that Torchlight 2 is fun, and Diablo 3 is a farming job. I'm not surprised the head guy (Jay Wilson) jettisoned himself from the Diablo 3 team to go do something else.

-SC
Old Jul 29, 2013, 07:57 AM   #28
Huntn
macrumors 604

Six months later and I just got around to downloading Torchlight 2 for coop play and so far I'm really liking it. It's too bad there is No TL2 Mac version as of yet (July 2013) although according to this Runic FAQ a Mac port is planned.

I never played Diablo 3 because of the reviews and found the online requirement, Blizzard's control, and a real money auction house to be irritating for a game with a solo mode. Let me play solo without internet, without Blizzard's fingers in my private game. That may sound funny from someone who is an avid MMO player, but it has to do with expectations and the ability to play this type of game without having to be monitored. It's interesting that I've read that TL2 is a better game at half the price. Not only that but it plays on my ancient Pentium 4, 3.OGB PC which allows me to coop it at the house with my MBP/Bootcamp.

This Kotaku.com article really paints the two games in sometimes a stark contract in TL2's favor:
The Torchlight 2 vs Diablo 3 comparison we had to make

Last edited by Huntn; Jul 29, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Tags
diablo3, dungeon, rpg, torchlight2