Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

262Runnr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
NC
I had my IP5 jailbroken on 6.1.1, noticed that the apps kept on crashing when I would first open them up, did a full restore and updated to 6.1.2 last night, now I am considering whether I should JB my phone again or just leave as is. I have also noticed that some of my apps keep timing out on update so I am getting quite annoyed with this.

The only reason I had my IP5 jailbroken was to use the color keyboard which I am very fond of, now I don't have it and don't want to JB my phone again just because of a fancy keyboard which for some reason I cannot find any app on normal appstore that will do this.:confused:

I was experiencing the same crashing issues....I updated to 6.1.2 last night and
jailbroke with the latest evasiOn 1.5.1...everything is working smooth now :)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
just a ploy to get ppl to update their phones so they cannot be jailbroken.

You're so right.

Everything tha Apple does is just to mess with people who jailbreak.

Actually, the whole world revolves around JB.

Nothing else matters...JB is all.

For those three of us who don't JB, anything else included in a software upgrade is just crap, because we don't JB and all that matters is the effect on JB.

In case you haven't figured it out yet...it's all a conspiracy against you!!

:rolleyes:

joshbaugh

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2013
Terrible battery life

I've noticed an obscene loss of battery life. I don't know whether it coincided with my software upgrade, but it drops off precipitously after unplugging from a full, overnight charge. I tried for a couple days switching off push notifications for Outlook and Gmail, but that didn't seem to change the battery life at all. I tend to close out background apps frequently, also to no avail. I am at a complete loss. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I've noticed an obscene loss of battery life. I don't know whether it coincided with my software upgrade, but it drops off precipitously after unplugging from a full, overnight charge. I tried for a couple days switching off push notifications for Outlook and Gmail, but that didn't seem to change the battery life at all. I tend to close out background apps frequently, also to no avail. I am at a complete loss. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Do a restore as new through itunes. Then use an older backup when it asks if you want to set up as new or from backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.