Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:44 PM   #26
Spacial
macrumors 6502

Clear is getting some nice free advertising here.
Spacial is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:01 PM   #27
AgentElliot007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabadname View Post
Totally unsat. Will review the current accordingly.
That won't do any good, it was pulled from the App Store.

I can't wrap my head around this one, especially considering they seemed to suggest Universal support was coming to the app we already had. This company seems to know how to irritate their customers. What they fail to account for with these pricing schemes is that a lot of people who used to really like this app and recommend it are less and less inclined to each time they pull a pricing stunt that is most certainly out of the norm relative to their competition and the ecosystem.
AgentElliot007 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:06 PM   #28
MBHockey
macrumors 68040

Looks like the developer spent a lot of time this morning updating his app for iOS 7.
MBHockey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:14 AM   #29
reden
macrumors 6502

This company is so greedy. I paid them for my Desktop app, and iPhone app, and they still want even more money for software that hasn't really changed much other than slimmer typography. Amazing really. They won't even make this a cross-platform app, or even accessible via the web which should be features people would be happy to pay for.
reden is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:16 AM   #30
nomad01
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixAng View Post
App Developers can't be expected to update and innovate forever. There aren't ads on Clear, so, how else do they cover costs for Clear's production? Just as a new edition of a book costs more, it's no surprise we have to buy again.

People forget that lots of the apps they buy won't last forever.
App developers CAN be expected to keep their apps updated to attract new customers... rather than expect their current customers to repurchase for more income! Jeez. I like the app but it's a crummy updated to be expected to pay more for ongoing support.

Interested in hearing recommendations for alternatives so I can ditch this POS!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:57 AM   #31
djgamble
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by this is funah View Post
how much is this company paying you to cover this (cr)App?
Lol yeah MacRumors always pushes it big time!!!

iOS 6...
iOS 7...

Nothing has changed and the app's still fundamentally s*ithouse. Time to think of a new app maybe? *wink wink*
djgamble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:46 AM   #32
Mwongozi
macrumors member

Forced paid upgrades aside (they suck), I really dislike this new trend of "undiscoverable" app designs. A UI that is not immediately obvious how to use just by looking at it is a bad UI. iOS itself is guilty of this, especially in iOS 7, but "Clear" is one of the worst offenders I have ever seen. There is a reason why it starts up with a tutorial.

I don't want to have to learn how to use an app. With most other apps, it's immediately obvious.

Clear is a triumph of style (and money) over functionality and design.
Mwongozi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:22 AM   #33
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Deleting Clear, will never use it again, and will never buy anything from that developer again. Sorry, it wasn't that long ago that I purchased it; now I need to purchase it again, no, no thank you. I could see if there was a major update, but there isn't.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:31 PM   #34
SockRolid
macrumors 65816

I can't imagine a more boring app category than "to-do lists."

Reminders works great, has always been universal, and has had iCloud
integration for years now.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonGlitch View Post
Deleting Clear, will never use it again, and will never buy anything from that developer again. Sorry, it wasn't that long ago that I purchased it; now I need to purchase it again, no, no thank you. I could see if there was a major update, but there isn't.
The phrase "style over substance" comes to mind every time anyone mentions Clear.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:01 AM   #35
Swift
macrumors 65816

Well, I disagree

I need lists at the grocery or I overspend by buying on impulse. And a 2x iPhone app sucks. This app looks much better, and the extra depth of up to three windows is good. By and large, I think iOS 7 has much better sensitivity and animations and game physics, and that meant I dictated what I needed to get into Clear this morning, made my grocery lists.
Swift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:31 AM   #36
PBF
macrumors 68030

OMG, I absolutely love the new iOS 7 redesign!
PBF is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion