Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I tried nova, apex and the other popular one. (sorry only used it for a few days as it was annoying me so cant remember) im new to android so touchwiz doesnt annoy me.

It's not about TouchWiz launcher annoying you, it just lacks in features that the other launchers have. I use Nova on any Android phone/tablet I use and it's pretty smooth. I do however like how the app drawer opens in TouchWiz.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Any way to get rid of TouchWiz and get stock Android on a Note 2? I really liike the stock Jelly Bean lockscreen for example.

You paid a premium for the Note2 mostly due to the custom software and features that it includes so why do you want to revert it to stock Android because of a lock screen?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
You paid a premium for the Note2 mostly due to the custom software and features that it includes so why do you want to revert it to stock Android because of a lock screen?

How do you know that's why he bought it? :p

He should use it however he likes. I've already told him he'll lose a lot of the features but he can try it out and see if he minds that or not. I eventually missed TouchWiz and it's features on my S3 so I went back.

hallaisen

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
Don't you feel like you're missing out on all of the features which are a big reason why a lot of people buy this phone for?

I bought it for the big screen. I haven't even taken the s-pen out of the phone yet, and probably never will lol. CM10.1 is insanely amazing (Ive had iPhones since the original one) and I am in love with this device. The only problem is that I am on holiday now so the phone fits in my pants, but it won't fit in my business pants. Not sure how im gonna solve that problem lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.