Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schrodl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Photostream created two new albums on my iphone that were duplicates of the camera roll but with different names. This created two problems for me because the new photos and albums cannot be deleted. The new albums also filled all my remaining memory so I could not sync without deleting some apps.

My iphone 3GS has .6 gig of un-delete able pictures on it. Photosteam is causing all kinds of problems because you cannot manage or delete the albums it creates. The non iOS5 forum has a 10 page discussion about this problem. No viable work around has been posted yet that I can find. Apple has to make changes in the iOS5 that allows users to delete photostream photos and albums after they are uploaded. My recommendation is that people do not use photosteam until Apple fixes this issue.

If anyone has a work around please post it. I have tried turning photostream on and off. I have reset photos under advanced in iCloud. I tried deleting photo's using iFunBox. None of these methods worked.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
you can't delete individual pictures or even albums. resetting photo stream should have deleted everything.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
also, correct me if i'm wrong, but photo stream photos do not take up physical memory of your mobile device.

schrodl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
"resetting photo stream should have deleted everything" did not remove any pictures or albums.

"log into iCloud.com and in your settings reset photo stream" only deleted the pictures in icloud.

mrm3

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
also, correct me if i'm wrong, but photo stream photos do not take up physical memory of your mobile device.

It would take up space.

Unless it is a duplicate of something on your camera roll in which case it could just be a reference to the same image and not duplicating the space requirements.

schrodl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
"correct me if i'm wrong, but photo stream photos do not take up physical memory of your mobile device." Mine are taking up .6 gig and I have no other photos on my iphone.

smegma11

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Deleting pictures in photostream

On the iphone go to settings:icloud: photostream, and turn it off. Do you want to delete phots? yes

Jgrant960

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
Click the blue arrow next to the photo stream name and then it gives you the option to delete it :)

Michalflora

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
Delete photostream

:apple:
Hi, i am wondering how to delete photostream albums on ios 5? the photostream created two new albums on my iphone ios 5 that were duplicates of the camera roll but with different names! This is because the new photos and albums can't be deleted. The new albums also filled all my remaining memory so I could not sync without deleting some apps! what can i do to remove photostream albums on ios 5? any tips?

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
:apple:
Hi, i am wondering how to delete photostream albums on ios 5? the photostream created two new albums on my iphone ios 5 that were duplicates of the camera roll but with different names! This is because the new photos and albums can't be deleted. The new albums also filled all my remaining memory so I could not sync without deleting some apps! what can i do to remove photostream albums on ios 5? any tips?

Turn on photos in iCloud?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.