Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

instagram-150x1501.png
Instagram
has been updated to version 4.0.2, adding a couple of small but important improvements.

The app now supports both photo and video recording in landscape mode, and anti-shake reduction for video capture has been included for the iPhone's front facing camera.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Take photos or record video holding the Instagram camera in landscape orientation
- Support for Cinema using front-facing cameras
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
Cinema was first added in late June, after Instagram debuted Instagram Video. It is Instagram's unique version of image stabilization that is designed to cut down on motion blur. Previously, it was limited to the back-facing camera, but will now work with both of the iPhone cameras.

Instagram is a free app that can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Instagram Updated with Landscape Support, Cinema Stabilization for Front-Facing Camera

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
Embrace the 14 year olds using the front face camera to record their Very Important Messages to the world.

Night is falling.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Maybe I don't get it (never used Instagram), but why does it matter for square photos? Videos, I understand...

the pictures (and videos) are still square... just that you can hold the phone sideways now and it will correctly display that orientation.. in the past, if you shot a video with the camera in landscape, it would show up sideways on instagram

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
"The app now supports both photo and video recording in landscape mode"
That wasn't there before?! :eek: I'm staying far, far away.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
Still can't get this video feature to work. Every time I try to record a video to post, it crashes back to the home screen. Never got it to work. Using latest iOS and iPhone 5...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.