Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What feature do you wish was added to the latest iPod touch most?

• Total voters

vpr

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
I voted other, because I feel the price is too high. Especially with the iPad mini expected to be announced on Tuesday.

I also would have liked black fronts with color backs.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
The ipod can output in lossless right?

From iPod touch's tech specs page:

Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
I was actually really happy when they put the Wi-Fi thing on the back, the Wi-Fi and bluetooth were horrible on the 4th gen, my sisters 2nd gen was faster. The only 2 changes you mentioned that I would like would be 128GB, I really want that so much so I am not buying an iPhone until it has that. And the volume buttons, right now I have activator for short hold up next track, short hold down previous track, and if i just press them they work as the normal volume buttons. I also have the lock button to short hold down play/pause, regular press lock, double press flashlight, and long hold turn off.

RoyalStone

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
The three features I want most are vibration, GPS, and auto brightness sensor. Sometimes I cannot hear the iPod but I would be able to feel it in my pocket. The location services right now are pretty much a joke, because it estimates your location based on wifi networks, and if there is a wifi network I am not in a place where I would need to have my iPod figure out where I am. I want the auto brightness sensor because, well, the 4g had it but for some reason the 5g doesn't. I wish it would change the brightness when I walk outside!

SamuraiMinis

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
The three features I want most are vibration, GPS, and auto brightness sensor. Sometimes I cannot hear the iPod but I would be able to feel it in my pocket. The location services right now are pretty much a joke, because it estimates your location based on wifi networks, and if there is a wifi network I am not in a place where I would need to have my iPod figure out where I am. I want the auto brightness sensor because, well, the 4g had it but for some reason the 5g doesn't. I wish it would change the brightness when I walk outside!

Agreed!

Most of all, Vibration in the iPod Touch would make gaming & everything so nice!!
GPS would be great. Auto brightness is really nice!, but I can live without it. At least if i had a choice, I would choice vibration over auto brightness. Just me personally anyway.
I wish with the current pricing, they would put an even nicer processor in the iPod Touch. That way gaming would be even better with more ram & etc. improving the battery life is also something they should continue to improve, but more so then what they have done.
Just as extra, an 8 megapixel camera would be nice. But putting a better processor in it is a higher priority on my list though...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Phablet size.
Make it too large and it no longer fits nicely in a shirt pocket. Also if you make it too large, the question becomes why not get an iPad mini instead. And would you want it phablet size even if the resolution is the same as the current iPod touch? Part of what makes application design relatively easy for iOS is the limited number of resolutions that artwork/graphics need to be designed for. Adding additional resolutions means additional work forr developers to get graphic elements looking right.

There have been discussions on why and why not for gps in the iPod touch. I could see it being useful if you had a map application with offline maps. The real use I could see is tagging photos with the gps provided location since you don't need to be near WiFi to take pictures. However, how many people really care about their photos being tagged with gps coordinates?

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Phablet sized iPod Touch

I have an iPad mini. Heavy in my purse, poor resolution, slow chip, flaky WiFi. Yesterday I took my iPod Touch along instead of the mini. The difference in weight was delightful. Retina display is gorgeous. Strong Wifi. The processor is slow but it's a 4g Touch.

I would buy a slightly larger iPod Touch immediately with retina, of course. No plans to replace the disappointing iPad mini when it quits.

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
A camera equal to the iPhone in terms of quality would be nice. Also the iPad/iPad mini/iPod touch line could have more sizes to choose from: 9.7" (iPad), 7.9"(iPad mini), 6.5"(iPod Grande), 5"(iPhone/iPod Touch 6).

sazivad

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
New Jersey
Longer battery life is always good to have.

I always put my iDevices in a case, which solves the problem of the rear camera protrusion and the unsightly Wi-Fi antenna.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.