Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonjs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hello, I am now desperate. Just a couple of hours ago I must have made a wrong operation, probably Command plus Delete those precious photos transferred from the camera to my Mac machine. Now they are totally gone. I do not have backup (Time Machine). And have tried 2 programs and both need me to pay about 100 bucks. Can anyone recommend any free photo recovery apps?? :( I know there is such program called Recuva which works under Win, are there a Mac version with this freeware. Your answer will be appreciated.

Judith123

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
New York
Ptack is right. If you lost some data on your device, the first thing is to make sure it cannot be overwritten. Then, try the third Mac photo recovery software.

As far as I know, most Mac photo recovery software has a free trial version. You can use that to scan your lost photo. If it works, you can purchase it to recover. Also, some data recovery software has a free version, but they have limitations to recover. Just several types of photos can be recovered.

If you didn't know which one is perfect, you can search in Google. Good luck!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.