Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xZehroz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
I am a person who cannot fall asleep without watching some kind of TV Show or movie before bed, i bought the iPod touch for this very reason, ever since i heard about the iPad mini iv wanted to buy it for this very reason but haven't because i think its too big. I basically rest my head sideways and have the iPod sideways aswell. I do own the iPad 3 but when i tried watching TV Shows on it while sleeping i thought it was way too big.

My question is if you own the iPad mini what are your experiences when watching TV/Movies in bed? is it comfortable to watch in the dark? The screen the right size for this type of situation in your opinion? also without the retina display how is the quality for video playback? (watch alot of HD content)

Thanks in advance
- xZehroz

Last edited:

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
I am a person who cannot fall asleep without watching some kind of TV Show or movie before bed, i bought the iPod touch for this very reason, ever since i heard about the iPad mini iv wanted to buy it for this very reason but haven't because i think its too big. I basically rest my head sideways and have the iPod sideways aswell. I do own the iPad 3 but when i tried watching TV Shows on it while sleeping i thought it was way too big.

My question is if you own the iPad mini what are your experiences when watching TV/Movies in bed? is it comfortable to watch in the dark? The screen the right size for this type of situation in your opinion? also without the retina display how is the quality for video playback? (watch alot of HD content)

Thanks in advance
- xZehroz

I often watch movies from Plex or Netflix in bed. Works great. Just because 1024 wide doesn't match the official definition for 720p, the 768 lines does.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The only time I really watch anything other than a YouTube video on my iPad is when I am away in a hotel. Then I watch something from Netflix and never turn on the hotel TV.

luqtotheman

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
I have an ipad 4, and this is one of the main reasons I bought my ipad lol. It's great, makes you lazy though haha.

I'm sure mini would work just as great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.