Controversial Freemium Game Real Racing 3 Hits the U.S. App Store - Page 5 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Mar 1, 2013, 05:08 PM   #101
unibility
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustjay View Post
For $99 I would expect to see lifetime free play/upgrades/everything. Even then, that's pretty hard-core.
If you want about 2,146,481,887 in coins $2,146,483,647 in R$ go to this link on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-z4QqLrVY

file link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x5vsycuy5ipdrsw

His accent is a little strong but it works. Even though he says you need to jailbreak your phone, if you use iExplorer and drag and drop it works.

Good luck!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	400140  
unibility is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:39 PM   #102
NameUndecided
macrumors 6502a

I came back to this thread to say that I was wrong. At first it seemed it would be perfectly plausible and easy to progress through the game normally -- it really does seem that way at the beginning -- but that turned out to not be the case as I played for longer and longer.

Two days in and too much time spent playing the game, and I only had 90% on the first set of races, and about 70% on another. Three of my "best" cars of the five I'd earned were fully upgraded, and there was still no getting first place in some of these races.

The last straw was when I could swear some people are cheating at this game. I'm racing against a car that is lesser than mine, or the same model as mine when I have the car with all upgrades, and this same player would - every race - zoom past me and go off in the distance ahead.

It truly would have taken me months and months of hours of playing a day to earn everything -- and this wouldn't be due to being terrible at the game.

There is no option for skill and practice to be the earner of progress in this game, unless a person wants to spend an alarming amount of time -- seriously, hours and hours a day, for months -- to play all the way through.

Thank you very much, unibility, for that hack! It worked for me using iExplorer and my device is not jailbroken. It really feels like a weight has been lifted.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 04:38 AM   #103
unibility
macrumors regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUndecided View Post
I came back to this thread to say that I was wrong. At first it seemed it would be perfectly plausible and easy to progress through the game normally -- it really does seem that way at the beginning -- but that turned out to not be the case as I played for longer and longer.

Two days in and too much time spent playing the game, and I only had 90% on the first set of races, and about 70% on another. Three of my "best" cars of the five I'd earned were fully upgraded, and there was still no getting first place in some of these races.

The last straw was when I could swear some people are cheating at this game. I'm racing against a car that is lesser than mine, or the same model as mine when I have the car with all upgrades, and this same player would - every race - zoom past me and go off in the distance ahead.

It truly would have taken me months and months of hours of playing a day to earn everything -- and this wouldn't be due to being terrible at the game.

There is no option for skill and practice to be the earner of progress in this game, unless a person wants to spend an alarming amount of time -- seriously, hours and hours a day, for months -- to play all the way through.

Thank you very much, unibility, for that hack! It worked for me using iExplorer and my device is not jailbroken. It really feels like a weight has been lifted.

no problem. same problem when i initially played the game. still, cars still accelerate pass me, but it's probably my driving skills. lol. i did the same to my infinity blade 2 and received $8,000,000.

personally i would not update the game just because all hacks could be blocked and you're stuck where you initially were. that's what happened to zynga street racing game.
unibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 08:09 AM   #104
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

The game has a little FPS problem and the cars look like they have butter under the tires even after I fully upgrade my car. Stunning visuals, poor handling.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 07:10 PM   #105
Rafterman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekuda View Post
Can someone please explain to me how "freemium" games/apps continue to be produced when every single person hate them. Do people just hate them yet continue to play them and in turn keeping devs thinking that freemium works?
That's because there are always enough stupid people who will pay to play.

As one reviewer on iTunes wrote, "its a shame all that racing stuff gets in the way of me donating money to EA."
Rafterman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 06:22 PM   #106
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibility View Post
If you want about 2,146,481,887 in coins $2,146,483,647 in R$ go to this link on YouTube:

His accent is a little strong but it works. Even though he says you need to jailbreak your phone, if you use iExplorer and drag and drop it works.

Good luck!!!
Jail break is not needed. Just use ifunbox or iexplorer to access the app's folder.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 07:06 PM   #107
unibility
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastings101 View Post
Hope it crashes and burns... followed by a "premium" $5.99 release without annoying freemium features.

Good luck!!!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chundles View Post
Such an annoying way to play a game like this.

I'd pay for it, I'd pay a decent amount for it, like $10 or $15 like RR2 but I'm not going to download it for free because it's such a rotten way to play a game.

Good luck!!!
unibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 01:12 AM   #108
theanimaster
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastings101 View Post
Hope it crashes and burns... followed by a "premium" $5.99 release without annoying freemium features.
If you actually played the game, you might actually like it.
theanimaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 01:22 AM   #109
T'hain Esh Kelch
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via AIM to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via MSN to T'hain Esh Kelch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUndecided View Post
That is because you are playing against real times from othet people. Their cars needs to hit a round in say X seconds, and since the AI always slows down a lot when turning, it has to compensate by increasing the speed artificially when not turning.

But in reality, they dont cheat, they only appear to do so, and you can reach the same round times as they do, if you drive as well.

Personally I love it being freemium. Great game, didnt cost me a dime, and i dont mind waiting for repairs as i find it more realistic, and it maked me drive more intelligently.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion