Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TahoeDust

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
So, when the iPad was first released I thought it was a really slick product but I just could not invision when I would use it and if it would ever really find its place with my other devices. As time has gone by and more and more people around me purchased them I have been a little jealous, but resisted by rationalizing it as a unnecessary expense. When the Refurb iPad 3s popped up I really started thinking about making the move. Monday I pulled the trigger and ordered a 16gb Black iPad 3 and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I have always a pretty beastly Windows Desktop, a MacBook Pro, and an iPhone 5. I guess my question is for other people that have all these other devices do you find yourself using your iPad often? Where and when do you use it the most?

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i have a macbook air for working, iphone 5 is always in my pocket, so it's the one that i use alot. the ipad 3 is being left at home for the majority of the time because my iphone 5 dooes the same thing.

but the ipad mini might change this, i'm buying the LTE version soon and my plan is to sell the iphone 5 and change it with a dumb phone that lasts 3-4 days on a single charge.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
This all depends on what one has to do. I have to work and must access a computer and use one of two desktops and one laptop 90% of my computing time. iPhones and iPads do not do Photoshop, AutoCad, MS Office or Quickbooks so I have little choice.

My iPhone is used as a phone the iPad is mostly a recreational or field device.

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
Have a MacBook Pro, iPhone 5 and an ipad 3. I use the MacBook at work and home for working on workshops, the ipad is used to present them and using it in conjunction with a smart board or projector. The iPhone is mostly for calls, emails, texting, and web surfing when I have a free moment usually at lunch.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I turned my desktop in to a media/file server last year. It is in our office on the third floor of our home and not worth the trip up the steps. I use my MBP primarily and my iPad for reading, quick browsing and as a remote/DVR manager (xfinity). My iPhone is for incoming non-iMessage texts and out of the house use. All are syncd ala iCloud and Box.

in2tech

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
Just bought a MacBook Air about 2 weeks ago and love it! Have an iPad 3 with Retina that is great for reading manuals for my flight sim games on the computer, apps, books, surfing, etc... I mean it is the best for reading pdf manuals. An iPad M or mini with LTE on order can hopefully use for some of the same purposes as the iPad 3, but I watch a lot of the TWIT network on an old iPhone 3 GS I am using as an iPod Touch basically and can't wait to watch TWIT and other video podcast on the iPad M, hopefully will be here before Thanksgiving Day what to show it to extended friends and family :)

BTW, the MacBook Air is all mine :) And the iPad 3 and iPad M will be shared between 3 family members! Can't use them all at once, well I could :) Actually I'll be using the iPad M and MacBook Air at the same time when everyone else is asleep. Will be working on website's on the MBA and watching video podcast on the mini (replacing the old 3 GS)!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I love apple stuff and have an 64gb iPhone 5, 64gb Ipad 3, 13" Macbook and Imac 27" and I use them all.
I love the way that it all syncs together beautifully through the Cloud and Imessaging.
My iMac is in my office and my Macbook is in the lounge and I use my Ipad when on the move.
Moved to Apple from Windows last year with no regrets. I still use my PC for gaming though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.