Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Just tried to play a YouTube video but I can't, just get a black screen with no play/pause facility along the bottom. If I go to videos from Yahoo for example, they play all right. Do I need an add-on or something? Sure I've played them before:confused:

johto

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Finland
Just tried to play a YouTube video but I can't, just get a black screen with no play/pause facility along the bottom. If I go to videos from Yahoo for example, they play all right. Do I need an add-on or something? Sure I've played them before:confused:

You have something messed up. Need more information. First, try install newest flash player and then try differend browsers, safari, firefox, Chrome ...

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
I'm running OSX 10.6.8 and Firefox browser. Always has worked until now. Just downloaded latest Flash but still the same?

If I go to one of the Yahoo news feeds or similar the video plays ok, it's just Youtube that seems to have the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.