Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pricasalm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
Hello! I'm new here and i need help with something. Over an year ago someone stole my email password and irecovered the email. I've never heard of him/her anymore till last week when he added me on skype 4 times.. I talked to him and he knew some stuff about my personal life so i decided to block him. Then i made a new acc. He found out my new acc and added me again using his 4 fake accounts... I made a new acc then using another computer and he just added me ( with a new account because i had blocked the ones i knew already!) so first question: how is it possible? Second: is it possible to hack someones video calls on skype? Third: how do i get rid of him? I have a macbookpro and an iphone.. The last two accs i made i was using different computers. First time i talked to him i downloaded an anti virus and found a spyware on my computer and decided to get it fixed... What should i do? And does anyone know if its possible to hack viber? Thanks!!

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Stop making new accounts. You blocked him. That's it - you're done with him. Every time you make a new account he can add you again.

pricasalm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
Thanks for helping! And yes, always a new account and new password.. The last one was totally random one! But my concern is how he is doing that because he probably has acess to something.. My computer or maybe even my phone! Any ideas? Thank you everyone!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
In over 5 years of reading "my computer was hacked!" claims in this forum and elsewhere, not a single one ever was. While not impossible, the overwhelming majority of Mac users will never have their computer hacked. It is far more likely that an email account was compromised, which can happen regardless of what computer a user owns, if any.

Thanks for helping! And yes, always a new account and new password.. The last one was totally random one! But my concern is how he is doing that because he probably has acess to something.. My computer or maybe even my phone! Any ideas? Thank you everyone!
Change all your passwords, especially email passwords, to something long and complex. Don't use security questions that someone who knows you could guess.

Last edited:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Report to police, file restraining order.

Hello! I'm new here and i need help with something. Over an year ago someone stole my email password and irecovered the email. I've never heard of him/her anymore till last week when he added me on skype 4 times.. I talked to him and he knew some stuff about my personal life so i decided to block him. Then i made a new acc. He found out my new acc and added me again using his 4 fake accounts... I made a new acc then using another computer and he just added me ( with a new account because i had blocked the ones i knew already!) so first question: how is it possible? Second: is it possible to hack someones video calls on skype? Third: how do i get rid of him? I have a macbookpro and an iphone.. The last two accs i made i was using different computers. First time i talked to him i downloaded an anti virus and found a spyware on my computer and decided to get it fixed... What should i do? And does anyone know if its possible to hack viber? Thanks!!

pricasalm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
Thanks for helping everyone! The thing is i'm sure he hacked my macbook domehow because one day when i got home there was something called VNC and I'm the only one who uses my computer and i never installed that.. ( I deleted it when i realized it was installed) And one day i talked to him on skype and he said he was the one who stole my privacy... I just need to know if its possible that he hacked my phone... Or video calls on skype... I don't know what he wants but it sucks to feel like theres someone whatching you... Thanks guys!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks for helping everyone! The thing is i'm sure he hacked my macbook domehow because one day when i got home there was something called VNC and I'm the only one who uses my computer and i never installed that.. ( I deleted it when i realized it was installed) And one day i talked to him on skype and he said he was the one who stole my privacy... I just need to know if its possible that he hacked my phone... Or video calls on skype... I don't know what he wants but it sucks to feel like theres someone whatching you... Thanks guys!
The only way to install apps on your Mac or iPhone is to install them yourself or give someone access to install them.

pricasalm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
Well, thanks everyone for helping me! He didn't try to add me anymore... Even if he does i will just block him. Thanks alot!

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
GGJ is right.

There is really no way at least on a mac to install a piece of software on it without either you doing it, or creating account for this person and giving them access.

It honestly sounds too me like he was trying to pull a Kevin Mitnick on ya. I.E. Social Engineering through fear and the right kind of scare tactics to get more info from you to find away to do more than hijack your email. Block the guy, as others have said complex email passwords that you keep on an encrypted USB key or something along those lines. Then go about your life a bit wiser than before.

pricasalm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
Hello thanks for your help! And i decided to stop using skype for while because i decided to ger on it and call someone and a few minute later e added me with a new acc... It's like i can't use anything because he is stalking me.. Since i dont know what to do anymore i will just stop using everything.. Including viber on my phone. Thanks for your help everyone..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.