Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I have recently been playing with the features on my WiFi HDTV which when connected to the Mac with PMS you can stream video files over WiFi however all the media that is in iTunes comes up as unplayable despite being playable before I had added the files to iTunes. All MKVs still play likewise with files not placed into iTunes, just those in iTunes that do not play.

I cannot work out what the problem is, does anyone have advice?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
i'm assuming PMS = plex media server?

are you trying to play them from plex -> itunes -> video?

**small moment of clarity**
is your itunes set up to "keep folders organized?"
it may have moved the orginal files away from where they were, so plex can't find them, they will stay visible in the library untill you tell plex to empty the trash, but won't be playable.
there is an option to empty the trash after every scan.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
i'm assuming PMS = plex media server?

are you trying to play them from plex -> itunes -> video?

**small moment of clarity**
is your itunes set up to "keep folders organized?"
it may have moved the orginal files away from where they were, so plex can't find them, they will stay visible in the library untill you tell plex to empty the trash, but won't be playable.
there is an option to empty the trash after every scan.
Ah yes :)

I was trying to play them through PMS, they were just organised in iTunes with links to files. It was set up like that yes and in PMS the folder used for the videos was directly linked to the Movies part of iTunes and they would not play however since reading your post, I have gone through and deleted everything and restarted from scratch and now they play... no artwork on the TV but the files play which is a lot better than before so I will accept it :p

Thank you for your help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.