Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
We should be able to transfer purchases from one ID to another. This is just a pain in the backside, and Apple's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the issue adds fuel to my anger.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Perhaps an easier way to handle some facets of this is to allow "transfer of product license or ownership" between accounts.

As example, if you have more than one iTunes account or another type of Mac ID, you would take what you bought and transfer the ownership of those items until you empty out the account. This doesn't solve everything but its a good start. I know when I started I used a non Mac account for iTunes and later got a Mac ID/account.

Candidly, Apple doesn't have to do it all at once. But they certainly could have made inroads. The word that comes to mind is 'pathetic' that Apple would like to be consider so advance and forward thinking and still lets these issues hang. - What an inexcusable debacle on Apple's part.

TrashCanBin

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
Perhaps an easier way to handle some facets of this is to allow "transfer of product license or ownership" between accounts.

As example, if you have more than one iTunes account or another type of Mac ID, you would take what you bought and transfer the ownership of those items until you empty out the account. This doesn't solve everything but its a good start. I know when I started I used a non Mac account for iTunes and later got a Mac ID/account.

Candidly, Apple doesn't have to do it all at once. But they certainly could have made inroads. The word that comes to mind is 'pathetic' that Apple would like to be consider so advance and forward thinking and still lets these issues hang. - What an inexcusable debacle on Apple's part.

Because their backend sucks ass. We are lucky they managed to keep it in one piece as it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.