Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Please do not take offence to this, I simply want to put correct info out; Flash is not supported for anything coming stock with Jellybean. You have to side load it from another source and then use a certain browser capable of using Flash, like Firefox.
A lot of users simply don't know about this or don't know how to do it. they find out once they try to view a Flash site. Then it's like, "WTF!"

Fair enough, I'd just like to point out how easy this is to do .. anyone with a GS 3 or Note 2 or other 4.1 device simply navigate to this link on your device
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774336
download one of the adobe flash packages, and install it directly from your device with no plugging in required, just a few taps. The stock browser on AT&T GS3 and Note 2 comes with flash support after installing by the way

Last edited:

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Competition has always been fierce but thanks to Jobs creativity and marketing genius, once he introduced a product and milked it he moved onto the next must have gadget. Apple USED to have that luxury.

I'm not sure Tim Cook or Ives are the next Jobs. That's the big question.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Competition has always been fierce but thanks to Jobs creativity and marketing genius, once he introduced a product and milked it he moved onto the next must have gadget. Apple USED to have that luxury.

I'm not sure Tim Cook or Ives are the next Jobs. That's the big question.

I dont think he will see the next big thing anytime soon from apple, right now they have a good range of products and priority should be focus on making the experience better :)

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Really (cough) t-mobile (cough). Apple's use of carrier exclusivity deals doesn't ring a bell? (Cough) China Mobile (cough) ring a bell? Apparently, Apple's clout stops at the US border.

What are you talking about? T Mobile was Apple's first carrier partner on the first gen iPhone largely because noone else was willing to take a chance on them nor were they willing to agree to their demands.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
What are you talking about? T Mobile was Apple's first carrier partner on the first gen iPhone largely because noone else was willing to take a chance on them nor were they willing to agree to their demands.

Mate the OG iphone was all about at&t, t-mobile have never offered the iphone.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Wow, you guys are right!! I just had a hell of a brainfart. LOL!

I was conflating two carriers. Thanks for keeping me honest.

**** happends, some posts on these forum can really make you go ballistic and dont think right :p

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Wow, you guys are right!! I just had a hell of a brainfart. LOL!

I was conflating two carriers. Thanks for keeping me honest.

We understand. We realize a lot of iFans think Apple invented everything, that every carrier is desperate for the iPhone, and so on. Apple propaganda at its finest. ;)

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Well...

iOS 5 was quite big (Notification Center, PC Free, iMessage, iCloud)

Yeah your right, two in a row then. I dont know what Apple is going to do but i doubt they go to an extreme out of charactor type thing but they do need to step it up because if the next iOS isnt big like you say, they could lose even more customers.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Apple needs to offer the iPhone in two screen sizes. 4.3 and 4.8". The tall, narrow style of the iPhone 5 didn't impress me like I'd hoped.

I used it and Android phone everyday. I prefer the larger or at least more balanced looking screen size.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
We understand. We realize a lot of iFans think Apple invented everything, that every carrier is desperate for the iPhone, and so on. Apple propaganda at its finest. ;)

Reasonable people understand my mistake.

Too bad you don't.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
This would be 3 iOS in a row that they have been saying that..lol. Said that about iOS 6 and iOS 5.

iOS 5 is significant, with revamped notifications and iCloud, imessage all that. Apple even had an introductory video about it.

iOS 6 not so much. How can they even put Facetime over Cellular as one of the top 10 features? LOL.

iOS 7 really needs to bring big features, or it will start to go downhill. And now with Jony Ive at the helm of the department, I don't know whether to be optimistic or pessimistic. Maybe I'll just be indifferent and ambivalent.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Apple needs to offer the iPhone in two screen sizes. 4.3 and 4.8". The tall, narrow style of the iPhone 5 didn't impress me like I'd hoped.

I used it and Android phone everyday. I prefer the larger or at least more balanced looking screen size.

When that day comes, dedicated iOS users of the past will suddenly find 4.8" screens manageable, pocketable, and more usable. They'll somehow suddenly see the light and all these issues will magically become non-issues. "I never believed it could, but it actually does fit in my pocket!" ;)

But in seriousness, yeah, Apple needs to offer more screen sizes. I'd be happy if they kept the 4" as the sort of "low end" iPhone while making a 4.3-4.6" "high end" version.

They do it with every single other product line up they have. The day will come for the iPhone, too.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
We all know how Apple creeps ever so slowly compared to the rest of the smartphone world when it comes to hardware specs. Well, considering how quickly Apple introduced the iPad 4, I'm betting they recognize they have to play the same game, somewhat.
Samsung and HTC are both bringing out 1080P phones, you may not care, but it's a selling point, and Apple will get killed in marketing of these next-gen phones. 1080P screens, 440PPI, Quad Core are all certainties. The GS4 is even rumored to have an unbreakable screen. There's a reason why Apple made their display 4 inches after professing for years that 3.5 inch was perfect. They saw more and more people were running to the bigger screens. If they kept the 3.5 inch screen, the iPhone would look so minuscule compared to the current crop of smartphones. So they had to lessen the gap by increasing it to 4 inches.
I really feel Apple will up it's pace and not crawl like before, because I think they really have no choice. Samsung have grabbed a lot of new customers with their Galaxy S line, and these customers have tasted Android with all the innovative features from Touchwiz. The GS4 will be nothing short of amazing considering how amazing the GS3 is, especially with the new update. So do you think Apple picks up the pace with the iPhone?

I think Apple shot themselves in the foot by not going 4.3" (while they were redesigning the whole damn phone) and sticking with the ridiculously narrow 2" screen. 16:9 @ 4" is about worthless. 4.3" would have set them up for several years to come. Now, the screen is still too small and looks kind of goofy-tall to-boot.

Point being, Apple is not going to change the screen size anytime soon and won't need to bump up the resolution because there's no point on a small screen like the iPhone 5.

They've made it so very thin that they can't increase the battery size to make it last longer and going to another material later (like polycarbonate) will result in a thicker phone and they won't go there).

I'm not sure where else Apple can go with the iPhone to stay current. Apple, meet RIM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.