Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Even if you close out all of your apps by double clicking the home button, there are still background processes running. The iPad doesn't have an Activity Monitor or Task Manager where you can see them like you can on a desktop OS or Android. A fresh iPad right after a restore will still have a usage counter that increases when Idle, just not very much. A better measure of actual usage would be "screen on time." I just do not believe that you're getting even close to 11 hours screen on time with 59% battery remaining. Is music with the screen off a huge portion of your usage? That would explain things.

So after charging my iPad and letting it sit unplugged for 14 hours and 30 minutes, only 13 minutes went up on the usage. So based on a quick calculation, out of the 11-12 hours of usage and 7 days standby, I got 9-10 hours of actual usage, while 25 minutes a day drained due to "background processes" with 59% left over. So yes, you are right, I am not getting the full 11 hours of usage, but I am still getting pretty close to it.

My battery is in excellent condition. I check it today on iBackupBot and its near 97% health with 112 charge cycles in over 2 years.

ihakim

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
Stanford, CA
So after charging my iPad and letting it sit unplugged for 14 hours and 30 minutes, only 13 minutes went up on the usage. So based on a quick calculation, out of the 11-12 hours of usage and 7 days standby, I got 9-10 hours of actual usage, while 25 minutes a day drained due to "background processes" with 59% left over. So yes, you are right, I am not getting the full 11 hours of usage, but I am still getting pretty close to it.

My battery is in excellent condition. I check it today on iBackupBot and its near 97% health with 112 charge cycles in over 2 years.

That's pretty awesome! Glad you're getting good use out of it

Markdek

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012

Interesting program...I checked it out.

I have a 1.5 year old iPad 2 with a 138 cycles, and 93% of battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.