Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mitevpi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Just curious, it sounds like everyone expects it to be refreshed when Mavericks is launched. From what I've gathered that's supposed to be anytime between September and November. Is this the case or do you think the Retina MBP update closer around the corner?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No one knows, because apple has not provided any details on this. Its probably soon, but other then that its all pure conjecture.

mitevpi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
No one knows, because apple has not provided any details on this. Its probably soon, but other then that its all pure conjecture.

I guess what I'm thinking is more broad. As in within the next 1-2 months or is it more like 3-4?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I guess what I'm thinking is more broad. As in within the next 1-2 months or is it more like 3-4?

No one knows, that's the point. Guessing a date is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

4look4rd

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
If I remember correctly Intel said that the non-ultra low voltage chips would be widely available in September. So I'm assuming apple is waiting until them.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
But.....

would be necessarily a "Haswell" rMBP....? Intel and Apple have plenty of CPU options. And besides, I believe Haswell was designed/marketed to another laptop segment....

Back in the guessing game, no one knows for sure. That is a given....:D....But I would expect an update, if any, in the timeframe Sept-Nov. If not occurs then, the most logical assumption, not a guess, is First Semester 2014....

:):apple:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
would be necessarily a "Haswell" rMBP....? Intel and Apple have plenty of CPU options. And besides, I believe Haswell was designed/marketed to another laptop segment....

It actually covers a whole lot of different segments. From low power like MacBook Air to high performance computing in the next Mac Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.