Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Either it's turned on either off Logmein icon appears in the menu bar. I havent found any option at preferences in order to hide it/remove it from menu bar.....?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Either it's turned on either off Logmein icon appears in the menu bar. I havent found any option at preferences in order to hide it/remove it from menu bar.....?
Do you have LogMeIn installed and just want the icon removed, or have you uninstalled it and the icon remains?

fhaddad

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2011
help please

help me please, I tried my best to do whatever I can do...I mean I installed logmein again and uninstalled it I did all what the different blogs and forums are saying I should do and the logmein never goes away from my menu bar

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Bartender is a great app that hides unwanted menu bar icons under a single icon. I have 8 menu bar apps hidden with it.

yensteel

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Would you be ok with making the menu item invisible?

I did a little digging and I think I've found a solution:

From Finder, go to this location by opening a new finder window and going to Go > Go to folder..., then paste this in the field.

/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeInGUI.app/Contents/Resources

Then, delete lmi_mac_online and lmi_mac_offline.

Afterwards, restart your computer.

jurrel

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2010
San Diego, CA
i know this is a few months late, but i had the same problem and found the solution on the logmein website. Hope this helps for others who need the solution.

How do I uninstall LogMeIn for Mac?
On the Finder menu bar of your desktop, click Go > Applications.
Double-click LogMeIn. The LogMeIn toolkit is displayed.
On the About tab, click Uninstall.
Click Yes. Uninstallation of LogMeIn begins.
Note:
A reboot is recommended, but not required.

http://help.logmein.com/selfserviceknowledgerenderer?type=FAQ&id=kA030000000DGFwCAO

wuijin

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2014
LogMeIn folder in "/Library/Application Support"

I tried to uninstall LogMeIn by moving the application files to the trash, as you are normally supposed to be able to do. However, I noticed that I was still seeing the LogMeIn icon in the menubar. When I would try to launch the control panel or anything else, I would get an error because the application files had already been deleted. By searching in Activity Monitor, I discovered a "LogMeIn menubar" process still running. That folder is found at "/Library/Application Support/". I simply found that in the finder and deleted it, thus solving my problem. Make sure to end the process through Activity Monitor first. Also, if you can't see the Library folder in Mavericks, you will need to make it visible. You can find the steps on Google easily.

wuijin

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2014
Use the LogMeIn uninstall option...

Turns out there are more services and features besides the menubar and the actual app that need to be uninstalled. What I ended up doing was reinstalling LogMeIn, and then using their uninstall feature. Open the "LogMeIn Control Panel", click on the "About" tab (in the control panel, not in the menu bar) and click on "Uninstall". Once I did that, everything is gone and I didn't even need to restart!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Turns out there are more services and features besides the menubar and the actual app that need to be uninstalled. What I ended up doing was reinstalling LogMeIn, and then using their uninstall feature. Open the "LogMeIn Control Panel", click on the "About" tab (in the control panel, not in the menu bar) and click on "Uninstall". Once I did that, everything is gone and I didn't even need to restart!

If you had followed the instructions in post #6, it would have been completely removed.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind

I found this to be the easiest way after I started manually trashing things - I still missed something(s) and the menu bar icon remained. I ended up re-installing Logmein and then doing the uninstall from its control panel - worked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.