Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1
baxlobs
macrumors member

Moving & resizing windows

I am afraid this a very noob question, but I cannot find how to do this. I am sure it is very simple, but coming from the Windows environment I cannot find anything that works.

I have a trackpad not a mouse should that be relevant.
baxlobs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:58 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Presuming you have Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, you can resize a window via dragging on every edge of a window, you can enable "Dragging" and "Drag Lock" in System Preferences > Trackpad.
If you have an earlier version of Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and earlier), you can only resize via the bottom right edge of a window, but the Trackpad settings stay the same.
You can also drag without Dragging and Drag Lock enabled by pressing down the trackpad and keep it pressed down.

Here is an instructional video for some parts of this, made in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, thus no showing off Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and their capabilities to resize via every edge of a window:
To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Last edited by simsaladimbamba; Dec 11, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3
baxlobs
macrumors member

Thanks for that, I have after a great deal of trial and error managed to find out how.
baxlobs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help