Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This is 2013, you'd think they would have figured out these amateur manufacturing supply/demand issues by now...

Especially when you consider just how long we waited for the re-fresh...I've had my new 27" for a couple of weeks now and I'm delighted with it. But surely Apple must have anticipated a high level of orders...particularly BTO's and prepared themselves accordingly.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Especially when you consider just how long we waited for the re-fresh...I've had my new 27" for a couple of weeks now and I'm delighted with it. But surely Apple must have anticipated a high level of orders...particularly BTO's and prepared themselves accordingly.

You nailed it.

I think the "problem" with this backlog is because Apple failed to accurately guess the high level of demand. This is given the fact that the iMacs had not seen a refresh for well over a year. It was long overdue, and many people were lined up to get a new iMac (myself included) the minute it was released. The problem was that Apple was not prepared to satisfy the pent-up demand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.