Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Hi

I've had a couple of Mac Apps on the go for the last couple of years. Now I want to make a new one.

Problem is, when I make a new Cocoa app in Xcode for OS X, it only gives me the appDelegate.h/m and MainWindow.xib (which has as a sub file 'Window - [AppName]', with a view inside it.

When I've made my apps before, I've had View Controllers referring to each view on OSX. Why has this changed? How do I set Xcode up again to do this?

Thanks,

Sam

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
Hi

I've had a couple of Mac Apps on the go for the last couple of years. Now I want to make a new one.

Problem is, when I make a new Cocoa app in Xcode for OS X, it only gives me the appDelegate.h/m and MainWindow.xib (which has as a sub file 'Window - [AppName]', with a view inside it.

When I've made my apps before, I've had View Controllers referring to each view on OSX. Why has this changed? How do I set Xcode up again to do this?

Thanks,

Sam

File > New File > Objective-C Class > Subclass of NSWindowController (Check "XIB for user interface").

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
File > New File > Objective-C Class > Subclass of NSWindowController (Check "XIB for user interface").

Yes, but then this XIB isn't automatically used when the application is built and run, like used to happen when it made them automatically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.