Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 6, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Chafka
macrumors member

iTunes Remove Songs?

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone else has noticed songs missing from their own iTunes collections that they originally bought from the iTunes store? I had bought an album a while back and went to re-download it from the store and noticed only one song would download (I used to have the whole album). I went and checked the store and all they had for that album was that one song. This seems really weird that they would sell an entire album and then remove all but one song from it. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Derp... Mods, please move to iTunes thread - looks like I posted to the wrong one (sorry).

Last edited by Chafka; Mar 6, 2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: see above.
Chafka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502

While the ability to re-download a purchase is a nice feature of iTunes, this is the main drawback. If you remove the song/app from your computer (or i-device and that's the only copy) AND Apple removes it from the store, you're out of luck.

I recommend not deleting apps/songs/books from your computer for this reason; or back them up before hand. Feel free to remove from your i-device as long as the file remains somewhere else.
Pharmscott is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:25 PM   #3
shalliday
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chafka View Post
Hey all,

Just curious if anyone else has noticed songs missing from their own iTunes collections that they originally bought from the iTunes store? I had bought an album a while back and went to re-download it from the store and noticed only one song would download (I used to have the whole album). I went and checked the store and all they had for that album was that one song. This seems really weird that they would sell an entire album and then remove all but one song from it. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Derp... Mods, please move to iTunes thread - looks like I posted to the wrong one (sorry).
Yes I have had the exact same thing happen to me. The purchases were also missing from iCloud and my iTunes store account so I had to contact Apple support and they re-added them to my store account. I have also had a number of my store movie purchases go missing from iTunes as well and had to contact Apple support to add them back to my store account so I could redownload them. Several weeks ago I sent Apple support an email requesting an explanation and am still waiting for a reply.
shalliday is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod