Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 4, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1
M-5
macrumors 6502a

iMessage Lag issue with Group Chat (iPhone 5)

I'm not sure if this affects other iPhone models, but I have a 64GB iPhone 5, and it is at less than 1/4 capacity. I've had it since release, and I've had this problem for a few months.

I have a group chat iMessage thread with 10 people in it who all have iPhones, and I've noticed that often when I will be using other parts of the phone and I receive an iMessage from the group, my iPhone will freeze for a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting the thread a few times and starting with a fresh thread, but the problem still persists. This never occurred on my iPhone 4, so it must be a software issue.

I've also noticed that if I close the iMessage app after a conversation with Person A, and I go to use other apps and later receive an iMessage from Person B and open it, iMessage will open still on the conversation with Person A instead of to the new message. This didn't used to happen on my previous iPhone, and it's kind of annoying.

I am still on iOS version 6.1 though, and I don't want to upgrade yet because I want the option to jailbreak. So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this issue and can confirm that it doesn't occur on iOS 6.1.3

Thank you

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone