Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kase17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
I bought The New Ipad ATT version when it first came out. I was dissapointed that only in manhattan LTE was available. So I was checking the coverage map on Att.com online 3 days ago and I see that supposely that southern westchester area, Yonkers, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle ect and also the bronx which is part of the city has LTE Coverage. I live in New Rochelle So i tried it and nothing. I call Att and the rep says your part of the coverage and i say i am not getting LTE signals. She says i am suppose to be getting so i hang up on her because she was getting an attitude. So my question is does anybody living anywhere in these area in NY. Are you getting LTE? Thanks

PaulNY

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
I live in Rockland, but spent the past few days in the Bronx...LTE is definitely live there, I was pulling 21mbps down and 15mbps up on my iPad and My AT&T One X...once I crossed into westchster that lte icon disappeared.

Noplac2hyd

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
The LTE cut off is right around where 684 and the hutch meet. There are some spots in pound ridge/ s Salem where you can pick up LTE when you start getting close to ct although its a very very small area. I live in the Bedford area and its aggravating not having LTE I really feel that because of the bad cell service up here it really drains the battery much faster on my iPhone 5.

In new ro. You should be getting LTE. Did you try resetting cell network?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.