Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:42 AM   #76
tcphoto
macrumors 6502a

You guys are rocking the DIY's. I've just been pulling weeds, trimming and cutting the grass. I recently moved into this 125 year old house that has been renovated and no one has done any yard work in a long time according to my neighbors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	538883  
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:10 PM   #77
defsquad
macrumors regular

custom built height-adjustable computer desk

Here's my linear actuated, height-adjustable desk that I built for my home office. I'm a software engineer that works remote full-time. Woodworking and generally "making things" is my hobby. i went to school for industrial design, so i've always gravitated to designing and making stuff.

standing mode:

standing mode after upgrading to a dell 2415q 4k display (middle lcd):

sitting mode:

you'll note that i still haven't gotten around to rebuilding the "feet". they are too small, as well as the braces on the front/back of the feet, they too, are not substantial enough to provide enough back/front "sway" support.

it's not too bad, i can still put a ton of "lean" onto the desk and it won't tip over at full height extension, it just rocks forward a bit and is more of an annoyance than anything.

there's also an emotiva "control freak" volume knob in the apron (next to the actuators' rocker switch) that controls my schitz modi usb dac hooked up to the jbl lsr305's.
defsquad is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015, 04:14 PM   #78
eko91
macrumors regular

wow!! that looks nice!!

You did an amazing job

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply stunning View Post
I have done a lot of updating to our house, it is almost more of a hobby than anything else. I'm at the point now where I'm just finishing up what we want to do on the inside. I have to see if I can find all the pictures of what I have done. I will start with the most recent ones.

Two weeks ago I built my wife a jewelry cabinet. The picture of the jewelry cabinet is when I had just finished it, and doesn't have all her stuff in it. I dont have a picture of it closed, but it has a full length mirror for the door.

I also built her a small desk, and book shelf for in our room, as we don't have a dedicated office. The left is a small drawer, and the right is a flip down door, and has a pull out tray for her computer. The large picture on the wall will be going shortly, and will have a monitor that hangs on the wall and can be swung over and used as a monitor at the desk.

A few months ago I built my son a abacus for his wall.

This was my project for a week last fall. My wife wanted a door out the back of the house, and we live in a tiny house. So we had to take the room out of the laundry room to make it happen. So I stacked our washer and dryer and cut a hole out the back. I then got rid of our kitchen table, and built one along with a floating bench. Here are some before, during and after shots.
eko91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery