Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, we noted that workers had begun removing barricades and scaffolding surrounding Apple's first store in Berlin, Germany amid rumors that the store would open during the first weekend of May.

apple_store_berlin_notice1.jpg
In an unusually early reveal, Apple has already confirmed the opening with a new page for the store listing the public opening as taking place at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 3. The new page also includes a unique grand opening notice that slowly shifts colors. Signage on the construction barriers surrounding the store had briefly used a similar effect.

Article Link: Apple's First Berlin Store to Open Friday, May 3

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
There seem to be some dramatic changes to Apple’s branding at the moment. Very bold, with stronger colours. I like it.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
There seem to be some dramatic changes to Apple’s branding at the moment. Very bold, with stronger colours. I like it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. They've got a thing for colors and a simplistic, "flat" look. I'm really excited to see where this goes.

ruvil

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2010
what does it even mean! haha
and i am happy for all the berlins^^ lucky you

"Apple for Berlin" more or less... :apple:

I am sure that the new store will be absolutely gorgeous and i can't wait for the grand opening...

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
"Apple for Berlin" more or less... :apple:

I am sure that the new store will be absolutely gorgeous and i can't wait for the grand opening...

Yeah Berlin has some pretty spots (I bet)
Where I live there hasn't popped a new store for like ages :eek:
okk we already got a bunch of them, but grand openings are always awsm!
have fun^^

tb5

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
I drove by the store today. interesting that the lettering on the store, which is still covered in black wrap, is glowing blue and white

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
Germany still has too few Apple stores. And the market is huge for them there. I still don't get why Apple isn't doing more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.