Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old May 17, 2013, 11:12 PM   #251
CQd44
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to CQd44 Send a message via MSN to CQd44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAnger View Post
I installed it on my Nexus 4. Google Music just needed an upgrade to get this started. I signed up. I then did the same thing on my Nexus 7 and it already knew I was signed up and was ready to go. I'll likely use it on the Nexus 7 the most because that's what I listen to music the most on.
Glad to know I'm not alone!

It's a great app; I love that I can stream my personal collection.

of course this app isn't for everyone but no one is making them use it
CQd44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 09:27 AM   #252
mmp1964
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValSalva View Post
So the big news at Google Uh/Oh is a Spotify copy? There is nothing compelling here to make anyone switch from Spotify.
The UI on Google Play is much better than Spotify - it (Google) is more like Rdio. Spotify looks like an Excel spreadsheet.
mmp1964 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 02:57 PM   #253
DaveN
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
Tired meme is tired. I'd love to go through one Google thread without...

Can't you all think of any new material?
Awe.... did we hurt the poor Fandroid's feelings with the truth?
DaveN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 03:20 PM   #254
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN View Post
With scathing retorts like this, it's no wonder Samsung has to pay hundreds of people to post here.

Comeon, man. You can come up with something better than that.

Last edited by Renzatic; May 19, 2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Forgot the "than". Still got 2 upvotes despite this.
Renzatic is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 05:50 PM   #255
zanderpants930
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I haven't been happier since leaving Apple. I actually have found a brand (Samsung) that's willing to innovate and bring new offerings to make me a happy consumer. Apple, however, sticks to their stupid two dimensional OS and refuses to let loose their software for a full consumer experience.

I simply just don't see how people can be mesmerized by pieces of crap.
zanderpants930 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 06:21 PM   #256
Renzatic
macrumors 604

And Zanderpants earns his Hot Pocket!

PM me to tell me if you want Zesty Pepperoni Pizza or Broccoli & Chicken.
Renzatic is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 07:29 PM   #257
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderpants930 View Post
I haven't been happier since leaving Apple. I actually have found a brand (Samsung) that's willing to innovate and bring new offerings to make me a happy consumer. Apple, however, sticks to their stupid two dimensional OS and refuses to let loose their software for a full consumer experience.

Different strokes for different folks. And isn't it the point that it's great for an individual to choose for themselves what works best FOR THEM. The pissing contest is silly.

Like you - I have a Samsung (Skyrocket - but will probably be upgrading to the S4 after the summer). I've owned all the iPhones but I don't use them much anymore. I much prefer the bigger screen and several other personal benefits I've found with Android. One's that matter to me. Maybe not to others - but what do I care what others use their phone for?
samcraig is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 09:35 PM   #258
DaveN
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I haven't been happier since leaving Apple. I actually have found a brand (Samsung)
Oh how easy it is to smoke out the Samsung fanboys. Tell us why you are still here and not over at an android site as by your own admission you no longer use Apple products.

Quote:
Funny statement coming from the owner of a Samsung product!

Last edited by DaveN; May 18, 2013 at 09:45 PM.
DaveN is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 06:33 AM   #259
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:
Oh how easy it is to smoke out the Samsung fanboys. Tell us why you are still here and not over at an android site as by your own admission you no longer use Apple products.
I sincerely missed the part where he said he didn't own any apple products. Wasn't he just talking about phones?

Also - just as an FYI/PSA - you don't have to own Apple products or even like Apple products to read and post here. It's not part of the forum rules. I don't think he needs to "justify" why he's here or why he posts. Unless that's also a forum rule I'm not aware of.
samcraig is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 07:07 AM   #260
pirg
Banned

Quote:

Funny statement coming from the owner of a Samsung product!
You mean you don't register on android forums to tell everyone how much you prefer apple??

/s

All jokes aside sometimes the ignore button is your best friend
pirg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 02:33 PM   #261
EricBrian
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samac92 View Post
Google Play Music All Access. Catchy name.
The name is "All Access" and is a part of the "Music" section in Google's Play Store. If we assume that Apple's radio service will be called iRadio, then it would be comparable to "Apple iTunes Music iRadio."
EricBrian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 06:21 PM   #262
jeffe
macrumors 6502

Quote:
MacRumors is now one of the best sites to visit for Android news...just look at this post about Music All Access for Google play. What does it have to do with Apple products?
jeffe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 06:26 PM   #263
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffe View Post
MacRumors is now one of the best sites to visit for Android news...just look at this post about Music All Access for Google play. What does it have to do with Apple products?
threatened people are threatened?
samcraig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 10:40 PM   #264
hexonxonx
Banned

I am loving this. A band that I bought several CDs from a few years back has a new CD out two days ago. I can listen to the whole thing without even buying it on iTunes now and even store it on my Nexus4/7.

I think this will be my most used service ever, even more than XM.
hexonxonx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 06:42 AM   #265
gluckett
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep61 View Post
Not a big fan of the subscription based services for media. Especially Music and Movies...
I'd prefer to buy and own forever. At $10 a month... or $120 / year.... it's a joke. I personally don't spend that much on Music in a year.
Frankly, imho, there isn't that much good stuff out there worth that kind of $$.
Hate to say it, but that's where it's headed. Even software is going that route now - see Adobe.
gluckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 11:53 AM   #266
nburwell
macrumors 68000

The $7.99/month price attracts me as long as I sign up by 6/30. However, there is no iOS app, which makes me gawk at switching since Rdio has had me as a subscriber for well over a year now. I may try out the 30-day free trial though.
Old May 20, 2013, 04:01 PM   #267
nep61
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluckett View Post
Hate to say it, but that's where it's headed. Even software is going that route now - see Adobe.
I know... Revenue steams are better if you get people to pay every month... The "buy once, own it forever" idea is NOT going to be around much longer.
Sad but true.
nep61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 08:16 AM   #268
LogicalVue
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nburwell View Post
The $7.99/month price attracts me as long as I sign up by 6/30. However, there is no iOS app, which makes me gawk at switching since Rdio has had me as a subscriber for well over a year now. I may try out the 30-day free trial though.
Same here, although I've been an Rdio subscriber for almost 2 years. I did start my All Access trial and I'm hoping that at least the Google Play web app is updated so that it works with All Access on iOS before my trial is up. I'd really like to have streaming access combined with the music I already have that is not available for streaming.

I also tried the gMusic app and although it does show All Access music that I've added to my Library, it can't play it, displaying an "Unable to play music" dialog.
LogicalVue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 08:45 PM   #269
LogicalVue
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalVue View Post
I also tried the gMusic app and although it does show All Access music that I've added to my Library, it can't play it, displaying an "Unable to play music" dialog.
The gMusic iOS app was just updated today and it now works with All Access!

Last edited by LogicalVue; May 23, 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Removed signature
LogicalVue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 06:35 AM   #270
jazzybest
macrumors newbie

I prefer iTunes as I like to own the songs, the quality is excellent and I can listen on any of my apple devices. I also don't need to rely on "streaming" service and internet. Best of all it works seamless. The music match service with iTunes also matches my non itunes collection on the cloud so I have it all backed up.

Last edited by jazzybest; May 26, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
jazzybest is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion