Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LightOnAHill

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
MacBookPro13";14180492 said:
I know this isn't a very practical fix but.. disable the vibrate when phone is on silent setting and when you receive/make a call, hit the silent switch.

this is what I do.

I only ever turn the vibrate on for silent mode when I'm in court, and actually want it to vibrate and NOT ring.

Otherwise, I leave vibrate on for the ring mode, and no vibrate for silent mode, and when I get a call, I flip the switch to silent mode, and wham, no vibrations during the calls.

eliot22

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
Flashing notification

Actually you CAN set your iPhone to use a flashing notification light. Just go to Settings>General>Accessibility and turn on "LED Flash for Alerts." I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't know about this feature since it is placed in an unintuitive settings area.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Okay this has been annoying me since I got an iPhone. When I'm on a call and I get a text message, email, notification, the phone always vibrates loudly in my ear and makes a tone. The other person can't hear it, but when I happen to get 3 notifications in a row it makes me a bit snippy.
I can hit the mute switch, but the phone still vibrates. Is there anyway to turn off the vibration only during a call easily? I don't have to have to go into settings and toggle it off every time I'm on a call.
By the way, this has been improved in iOS 7 where the in-call notifications are not nearly as jarring/loud/powerful as they used to be.
Actually you CAN set your iPhone to use a flashing notification light. Just go to Settings>General>Accessibility and turn on "LED Flash for Alerts." I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't know about this feature since it is placed in an unintuitive settings area.
While that does exist, it's not really the same as typical LED notifications that most people have in mind when they are talking about them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.