Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Anyone come across a dual lightning dock for 2 phones? Been searching regularly...nothing. Looking for something with a small footprint for bedside.

reiichiroh

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
My second iPhone 5 that has iOS 7 beta on it triggers a "this is not a certified cable" when used with my Devilcase dock.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I received the HiRise from Twelvesouth the other day and so far so good. I have a problem thick case (Spigen bumper) and it was no problem for the HiRise. Being that you supply your own cable, made it instantly compatible. The only thing I hated was the assembly. Not that it was difficult to follow just that it took FOREVER to line up the tiny tiny tiny screws and hold them in place in order to screw them down! There has got to be a better way of making the product so this is less difficult. The price is pretty good too but again, you supply your own cable.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
Thinking of the old Apple 30 pin dock, I usually just held my pinky down on the dock and removed it with one hand. Otherwise you'd need two hands. This will likely be the same and I never thought of it as a problem.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008

balzz

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Kinda surprised nobody added these to the list yet:

Apple iPhone 5c Dock - http://store.apple.com/us/product/MF031ZM/A/iphone-5c-dock
Apple iPhone 5/5s Dock - http://store.apple.com/us/product/MF030ZM/A/iphone-5s-dock

Now the biggest question to the first person on MR who gets one of these docks is, can the phone be lifted off the dock with one hand?

Got the 5s dock. Answer is yes, but you do have to keep a finger on the dock and do what I can only describe as a little twist of the wrist.

balzz

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Dock pic with fluffy quadruped bonus

IMG_5068_zps01f40e68.jpg

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
It looks like the plastic around the lightning port would still be too large to allow for the port to be inserted all the way in for most iPhone cases :(

Ya know, I just saw that as well and I am soooooooo disappointed, yet AGAIN!
I just don't get what these manufacturers are thinking. Don't most ppl use cases?! I guess I'll have to return this one too! :(:mad:
Thanks for pointing that out!

joecool99

Suspended
Aug 20, 2008
USA
looking for iPhone 5 / iPod dock to work with receiver

got Arcam rDOCK - looks really nice, however the volume control on remote does not work to control the volume.

31ezRdbg0kL.jpg

31p0iaMCslL.jpg

Got a response from Arcam about this:
The "volume" button on the rDock-Uni's remote only controls volume on an
Arcam amplifier, it does not control the volume of the iOS device.

is there a similar dock that would actually remotely control volume output from the idevice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.