Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madelope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
I am having a problem renaming my songs in iTunes. The "get info" options are all grayed out. I heard it is because the songs in my music folder are "read only". However, I have songs on about 6 different computers. 3 of those computers are no longer...alive. I was able to transfer my songs from my very old ipod nano using the ID3 tag method. I renamed about 600 songs back to their normal title and was able to do this in iTunes. I now want to rename some more songs but iTunes isn't letting me. I am using windows 7 and used windows 7 before to rename all my songs. I do not know why it isn't letting me rename them now but I cannot change the properties to "read only" because I do not have the songs on the computer. However I was able to do this before? I have not updated my iTunes. Most of the songs are on my old ipod and some are taken from CD's. I do not want to have to re-import them and then name them ALL over again (had to do this twice). They work perfectly fine when listening to them and they are still on my phone, just cannot rename them.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.