Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
S

syd430

The thickness changed for the full iPad by .03", which is essentially imperceptible.

No, the difference in size and weight from the 2 to the 3 was noticeable. To this day my ipad 4 (and 3 before it) feel like they are a bit fat where the design doesn't really allow it. Never felt that way with the 2.

I get a similar feeling with my 13 rMBP (the misleading thinness due to the curved bottom). Might just be me, but it seems that the new designs coming out are a lot less "honest". The ip5 is a masterpiece though.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
No, the difference in size and weight from the 2 to the 3 was noticeable. To this day my ipad 4 (and 3 before it) feel like they are a bit fat where the design doesn't really allow it. Never felt that way with the 2.

I agree that the weight is definitely perceptible. But I don't think the thickness difference is truly that perceptible. .03" is less than 1/32", which is a very small amount. I think the weight makes it feel thicker than it is.

I have an iPad 4, and a friend of mine has an iPad 2. I don't notice a significant difference in thickness between the two. Lest you say I'm just not noticing it, until about 6 months ago, my job required me to work with thicknesses down to .0008".

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2011
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Don't really have any design changes, but would like Apple to make the Smart Case for the mini. I have done the second best thing and put on a Coverbuddy back and Smart Cover front but still.

Oh yes, A6 and more ram please

You might be interested in this case. It is basically a Smart Case, it's cheap, and it has good reviews. Just discovered it when watch casing reviews on YouTube.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-SLIMLINE-Portfolio-Automatically-Manufacturer/dp/B00A3KKL56/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1S8KF9DDSQC4Z&coliid=I54SO8R0Z62L0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.