Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:08 AM   #26
holdemm
macrumors newbie

If you're looking for a cheap web hosting company then I would say that 1&1 is a good option. I got my WP site hosted with them last fall during a promotion, but I believe they still offer 99cent/month deals for unlimited webspace (ok, it goes up later, but not significantly). I'm happy with them so far as a relative newbie to website building.
holdemm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2015, 03:23 PM   #27
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfable View Post

+1 for site5.com; I do a reseller hosting plan from them - avoid GoDaddy / HostGator / Brinkster / Nails in the Forehead (in my experiences).

Whereever you get it, make sure its Linux hosting; they just seem to be better and get one that has cPanel - and not a proprietary (yes, from an Apple guy) control panel for domain management. With cPanel, and Softalicious installed, it's pretty easy to deploy a WordPress site (this comng from a guy who has grown from iWeb days -still on my rig) and is now hosting about 20 sites .

Best o'

-nf
I'm also a Site5 customer!

I've been with them for about 6 years... reseller plan, dozens of sites, etc.

Very happy!
Michael Scrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development